New Jersey Bankruptcy lawyer
Lee M. Perlman graduated from American University in 1990 from the School of Public Affairs in Washington D.C. with a concentration in Government. After serving as an assistant campaign manager in a United States Congressional Campaign in Boston, Lee left to begin Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan. After law school, Lee worked as a judicial intern for an Atlantic County New Jersey Superior Court Judge in the Chancery Division for one semester. He then formed his law practice in 1994. Shortly thereafter was the inception of Perlman and Block with Lee as the founding and managing partner. That partnership dissolved in 1996 and Lee has been in solo practice ever since.
Lee now practices with his three associates exclusively concentrating in consumer bankruptcy, FCRA and FDCPA work. He and his staff of ten oversee three offices and file well over 500 consumer bankruptcy cases per year in all three New Jersey vicinages.
Lee is a graduate of the Bankruptcy Inn of Court Program through Seton Hall University, a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy attorneys since 1997, a member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates, an attorney member of the District Ethics Committee of the Supreme Court of New Jersey as well as a member of the Rutgers University Bankruptcy Pro Project Steering Committee, in addition to being a longstanding member of several county bar associations and serving as a panelist at several CLE seminars. Most recently, Lee has been a guest commentator on Fox News discussing identify theft and the proliferation of credit card usage on college campuses, has appeared as a guest commentator on the national Fox Business Network and serves as Attorney Instructor for the Jersey Bankruptcy Law Foundation. Recently, Lee testified before the New Jersey Legislature in support of a bill aimed at curbing abusive debt collectors in New Jersey.
He is a graduate of Max Gardner’s intensive Bankruptcy Boot Camp litigation seminar.
Lee has appeared on the radio program Legal Perspectives on 1210 am CBS Radio as a guest attorney answering consumers questions about bankruptcy, debt and mortgage related concerns.
In 2010, Legal Services of New Jersey presented Lee with a Justice Medal of Honor for outstanding pro bono service.
In 2011, Lee was named an Awesome Attorney by SJ Magazine.
Lee and his wife Kristen live in Haddonfield with their daughter Kate and son Jared.
Sole Practitioner – focus of practice on bankruptcy
Areas Of Practice:
- Bankruptcy Law
- Credit Reporting
- Collection Defense
- New Jersey, 1994
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3d Circuit, 1998
- U.S. Superior Court, 2008
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, MI, 1993 J.D.
- Seton Hall University, Newark, New Jersey, 1996
- Max Gardner’s Bankruptcy Boot Camp, 2006
- Bankruptcy Inn of Court, Graduate
- American University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.A., The School of Public Affairs
Honors: Dean’s List
Bankruptcy Reform Bills, Courier Post, September, 1998
- Guest Lecturer, “Introduction to Law”, Cumberland County College, 1998 – 1999
- Testified before the New Jersey Legislature in support of a bill aimed at curbing abusive debt collectors in New Jersey, June 2009
- Panelist speaking on mortgage servicing abuse in bankruptcy at the NJ Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Summer 2008
- Presenter at Camden County Bar Association Seminar on FDCPA, April 2009
- Presenter at Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference, 2011
- Lecturer at Rowan University Business School on financial management, 2011
- Presenter at 16th Annual Bankruptcy Conference, Burlington/Camden Bar, January 2009
- Camden County Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Member
- New Jersey Bankruptcy Trustee Association, 1999 – Present, Member
- Bankruptcy Inn of Court, 1998 – Present, Member
- Attorney Instructor – Financial Literacy Project of New Jersey Bankruptcy Law Foundation
- Honorable L. Anthony Gibson, J.S.C., Assignment Judge of the Atlantic County Superior Court, Chancery Division, Judicial Intern
- Assisted in the management of a United States Congressional Campaign in Boston
Pro Bono Activities:
Camden Regional Legal Services Pool Attorney, 1994 – Present
- Alpha Epsilon Pi
- Delta Theta Phi
1968, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Lee M. Perlman completes Bankruptcy Boot Camp
On October 9, 2006, Attorney Lee M. Perlman successfully completed an intensive 4 day course (or Boot Camp) concentrating in Mortgage Fraud actions, Bankruptcy Discharge litigation, Credit Reporting violations and other issues in assistance to consumers emerging from a bankruptcy case. Run by the well-known O. Max Gardner in North Carolina, Mr. Perlman attended the Boot Camp with ten other consumer bankruptcy attorneys from around the country. Mr. Gardner’s Bankruptcy Boot Camp has been featured in Business Week and will be the subject of a CNN segment on the show Open Home on Saturday March 10th along with the director of the movie “Maxxed Out”.
Mr. Perlman recently appeared on the radio program Legal Perspectives on 1210 am CBS Radio as a guest attorney answering consumers questions about bankruptcy, debt and mortgage related concerns.