You are now a client, here are some do’s and don’ts
- Make sure that you have supplied the firm with all required documents to Perlmandocs@gmail.com or 888-635-5933
- Make sure to continue to send your bank statement and paystubs until you receive notice of your case filing from our office
- Make sure that you have completed your required credit counseling
- Make sure that my firm’s balance has been paid as your attorney signing appointment will not be scheduled without this
- Make sure that you have shared all of your assets with us, this includes lawsuits, personal property and any real estate that you have an interest in.
- If you are being sued avoid direct deposit and money in your bank account until your case is filed as you NOT are completely protected from wage garnishments or bank levies until your case is filed and you have your case number.
- Make sure your tax returns are all filed with the IRS and State of NJ and that my office has filed copies of them
PLEASE DO NOT
- Rack up new debt before we file your bankruptcy as this could lead to an creditor or Trustee objection
- Do not move assets, money in the bank, title to cars and real estate without speaking to us first
- Overshare on social media, Facebook, Instagram. Expect and be prepared that Trustee and creditors will review what you post on line.
- You will lose your credibility and possibly your discharge if you have videos and photographs on social media that are inconsistent with your filed bankruptcy disclosed schedules
- Fail to tell us you are going to receive assets like a personal injury settlement or an inheritance
- Fail to tell us you have hired a lawyer for any reason